Welcome to Wilburn House, located in Midtown Atlanta on Piedmont Park, Atlanta’s premiere public park. Wilburn House has overlooked the park since 1913, when Atlanta’s first female architect, Leila Ross Wilburn, constructed a three-story craftsman-style apartment building known for 80 years as the Piedmont Park Apartments. In 2000, a total renovation of the original building was undertaken and two new buildings were added, in keeping with Wilburn’s original architecture. All buildings share common areas and are connected by a central courtyard overlooking the park.
Wilburn house is located in one of the true walking neighborhoods in Atlanta. In addition to the Park, nightlife, shopping, restaurants, and public transportation are within short walking distance. In the early 20th century, the Piedmont Park Conservancy finished renovations of the Park, completing the 1912 Master Plan developed by the famed Olmstead Brothers (sons of Frederick Law Olmstead). In 2018 the city announced the park will grow to the north, thanks to acquisition of two large parcels. This plan will extend the park northward to the corner of Piedmont Road and Monroe Drive. There has never been a better time to live on the Park.